The high level differences in the AS4324.1 2017 revision are:
- Technical specification becomes part of the standard and can vary some requirements
- Electrical/mechanical protection settings assumed in the structural design loads must be documented and checked/tested
- Need to check requirements for high strength (>450 MPa) and imported materials if they are proposed.
- Duplication of suspension ropes is required
- Higher abnormal digging load for reclaimers
- Failed luff cylinder load case is required
There are some differences in cyclone wind loads and limit state load combination factors that will have an effect on the structural design depending on whether permissible stress or ultimate limit state design basis is used.
Download the below file to find out more.