ASPEC Engineering Pty Ltd (ASPEC) is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm that provides specialised services to major resource companies, ports, transport infrastructure, and heavy industries. From offices in Brisbane, Perth, Newcastle, and Wollongong, ASPEC has developed close ties with all the major Australian resources companies and provides a comprehensive service in core business areas of materials handling machines, infrastructure, and asset integrity. Due to continuing high demand, we require a Senior Structural / Mechanical Designer, based in our South Brisbane office.
This position is a key role in our QLD team and would suit a Structural & Mechanical Designer with at least 10 years 3D structural drafting experience with Autodesk AutoCAD, Advance Steel, and Inventor. Individuals that work with initiative, have the creativity and ability to communicate at all technical levels should apply. Within this position you will be challenged with a wide range of engineering design projects. The projects will involve mechanical and structural steel design at conceptual and detail level with involvement in design of cranes, conveyors, materials handling machines, transport infrastructure, working on both brownfield and greenfield projects. Applicants applying will have a passion for design, striving to deliver superior solutions to our clients. The person will be able to clearly communicate these complex engineering solutions with the attention to detail that sets ASPEC apart from other engineering firms.
An attractive remuneration package is available and will reflect the quality of the person applying.
- Produce detailed 3D structural and mechanical design models and drawings using Autodesk AutoCAD, Advance Steel and Inventor, working alongside experienced designers and engineers
- Provide a strong focus on continuous improvement and drafting development
- Assist with project coordination to achieve overall business requirements
- Review of drawings & maintenance of Aspec & client drafting standards
- Liaise with clients and sub-contractors as required
- Material estimation and control of bills of materials
- Report and present design concepts within design reviews
- Input into project proposals
- Attend client sites as and when required for site verification and client liaison
To be a successful fit for this full-time / permanent role, you will have:
- A Civil or Mechanical Degree or TAFE Advanced Diploma and 10-15 years’ experience in heavy industrial Structural / Mechanical Design
- Proficient with Autodesk AutoCAD 3D, Advance Steel and Inventor
- Strong mentoring skills and experience with supervision of small design team
- A commitment to providing innovative engineering solutions to clients in a timely and cost-efficient manner
All applications must include a short cover letter and resume addressing the Skills, Qualifications and Experience as outlined above and send to email@example.com. (Please insert the job title in the subject heading.)